The first month of the year turned out to be great one for music (not for much else, but at least we got killer tunes!). A ton of amazing stuff came out with a good mix of old favorites and new discoveries. Didn’t John Dwyer and Thee Oh Sees just put out two albums? Welp, John’s back at it again with his Damaged Bug project. I wonder how much sleep that guy gets. Speaking of people who don’t seem to sleep, Ty Segall released a new album and King Gizzard released a new song off their upcoming album. We also discovered a bunch of new artists like Laure Briard, Cotillon and Gabriella Cohen. And out of nowhere came Once & Future Band with a crazy good debut album. It’s an insane listen and it’s already featured on our Best of 2017 list (yes, we know it’s early). This mix shapes up to be one of our weirder ones, which means it ranks up there with one of our favorites. If you’re a fan of the weird, this mixtape is for you.
If you like the mixtape image above we have a t-shirt, poster and coffee mug for sale at shop.reverbparty.com. Your support help keeps our lights on so we appreciate it!
Hope you all enjoy it!
1. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard – Sleep Drifter
2. Once & Future Band – How Does It Make You Feel?
3. Damaged Bug – Bog Dash
4. Duke Garwood – Sal’s Paradise
5. Cate Le Bon – Perfume Days
6. Laure Briard – Dreams
7. Ariel Pink / Weyes Blood – Tears On Fire
8. The Sadies – It’s Easy (Like Walking) (feat. Kurt Vile)
9. Real Estate – Darling
10. Ty Segall – Talkin’
11. Angel Olsen – Fly On Your Wall
12. Cotillon – Black Sea
13. Gabriella Cohen – Downtown